Day 110 - One on One

I have been a slacker on my devotionals. I have been so busy it's been on the back burner but I have had something going through my mind for a week or so. A few weeks ago I published a devo on our attempt on having a second child and how I was pretty hurt over that not happening as quickly as I would like. Since then I have been doing a lot of praying and giving that desire back to God daily. I feel that every day it seems like I am less and less eager for my timing and more and more ready for whatever God has planned. I went to Chicago this past weekend and helped my best friend get ready for her first baby. On the way there, I noticed a mom and her young daughter traveling somewhere together. I observed them for a bit and noticed how much they loved each other and how much fun they were having, just the two of them. I began to think how neat of a connection Jocelyn and I have and what a great opportunity to really form that bond with her. I find myself reflecting on that daily and soaking up every ounce of her. It doesn't mean I still don't desire a bigger family, but God has quieted my cries and replaced them with thoughts of and from Him.

Psalm 145:19

Jenna

Comments