Day 115 - Finding Him in the Littlest Things

The other day, Jocelyn and I were walking back from the park. She was a few steps behind me and taking her time as always. I looked back to make sure she was still close. I watched her for a second and she got this really funny, but cute look on her face. She was staring at our neighbors lawn. She squatted down and smiled as if she saw a little bunny or something. Then she began to creep towards the grass. I looked around trying to figure out with what she was so fascinated. Then I realized what caught her eye. They had just watered the lawn and the drops of water were catching sunlight and reflecting little rainbows throughout the lawn. Once she got into the grass, she reached out and touched the little drops of heaven. She became confused as to why they disappeared when she grabbed them. I tried telling her it was water drops but she insisted on continuing to touch them. I have been thinking of this for a few days and it makes me smile. My little one found some joy in the water drops on the lawn. I want to be more like that. I want to enjoy God's miracles big and small. I think my biggest hurdle is opening my eyes and looking at the world through little lenses. Pretending that I have never seen the things I have seen or try to see them in a different way. Like bubbles or butterflies or ladybugs.

Job 37:16

Jenna

Comments