Day 144 - Praying for her Obedience

When I read the title of this post, I automatically assume "her" is my daughter. But "her" really means me too. I am currently working through a bible study called "Power of a Praying Woman" by Stormie Omartian. In the past two weeks, there was a few days where I studied obedience to God and what that should really look like. I so often hear Him speak to me but I turn a deaf ear. The problem with that is it becomes a habit and God becomes harder and harder to hear the more I ignore Him. I relate this to Jocelyn too. I put myself in God's shoes (of course not literally). Jocelyn will deliberately disobey me when I can see she has heard me loud and clear. It gets very frustrating and many times I just want to give up and stop disciplining her. And when she cries out to me, it takes a bit for me to want to go running to her aid after episodes of her disobedience. I can see why God isn't as quick to answer prayers when I ignore Him regularly. My desire in this learning experience is that I will first pray for myself to be obedient to God when He calls. Secondly, I need to pray for Jocelyn to become more obedient. If I can teach her how to be obedient to authority through my actions and my own personal model of obedience, then she can learn how to be obedient to God when He calls on her too!

Psalm 128:1

Jenna

Comments