Day 196 - Praying Like a Child

I have been really focusing on prayer lately. It has such amazing power in it's ability to connect me with God and have the freedom to really express myself to Him. I am reading a book on prayer and the most recent chapter dealt with praying like a child. This means to come to God as a child with all of my insecurities and messiness without an agenda while I pray. God wants me to approach Him with everything that's on my mind and not hold anything back, just like a child would. I have been teaching Jocelyn to pray every morning for our day. Lately, she will actually pray herself instead of me just praying for us. It's been pretty cute because her prayers go something like this: "Dear Jesus, lalala...um fruit...and mickey...and toys ummm...library. Amen!" I have no idea what she is really praying about but as I reflect on what it means to pray like a child, this can only be a perfect example. She doesn't worry about what she is saying, she just says it. She is telling the Lord about what she hopes her day will look like and I even think what she is glad she has. A good reminder :)

Matthew 8:13

Jenna

Comments