Day 65 - Thank God for Some Time Away!

It has been a while since my last blog. We were on a week long cruise to the Caribbean and didn't have internet access. While we were gone, Jocelyn stayed with her grandparents for the week. So many people have been asking if I missed her or how did I do it...and maybe I'm a bad mom but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. First of all, we knew she was in good hands. Secondly, I prayed plenty before leaving her and while we were away that she would stay safe. I knew God was taking care of her. Thirdly, I needed it so badly!!! I don't think I realized how one little person could affect your days so significantly but she is at my side almost all of the time. My lower back was thankful too! It was great for me to connect with my husband and allow God to grow us together again without a little munchkin being the top priority. God designed the husband and wife to be the first priority next to Him in the family unit. If the child becomes the higher priority, things begin to fall apart. I truly believe that both Mike and I need time from Jocelyn in order to become better parents for her. It makes me appreciate being with her even more!

Jenna

Comments