Day 33 - I See You.

Yesterday, Jocelyn was finished with her dinner and running around the kitchen. I was cleaning up and Mike was finishing his last few bites. Jocelyn started whining about something she wanted and then when asked to do something, she wasn't listening. I told her that the next time I asked her, if she didn't listen, she would go in time out. Now, I am of the school of thought that the more I treat her and talk to her as if she understands, the more she really begins to understand. And she knew exactly what I had just told her because she went behind the table and tried to hide. She is just tall enough to peek over the top and see me if she tries. She looked up at me and then realizing I was watching her, she bowed her head as if I could no longer see her. She did this a few times and then finally came out from behind the table and did as she was told. This made me laugh a bit because she still thinks if she can't see me, then surely I can't see her :) And here is the Ah Ha. I will often times pretend as if God can't see me because I can't see Him. If I pretend He isn't there, then in, maybe He isn't. This really relates to when I know He is asking me to do something and I don't want to. Or He's asking me not to do something and I really want to. So I just bow my head and keep doing what I am doing as if He can't see me. That makes me laugh more than what Jocelyn did. Really, Jenna?!? Come on!

Judges 2:22

Jenna

Comments