Day 53 - Unexpected Joy in the Small Things

The past two days were wonderful with Jocelyn. She has been following directions very well and only had to go in time out a handful of times in both days combined. These are days that make me feel like I am a good parent. They allow my love for her to grow exponentially. We went to the store to help her daddy find some new running shoes. There was a small, fake running track that lay on the floor just calling for use. Jocelyn thought it was pretty cool that she could follow the line on it. We had a race and she won. The smile that lit up on her face was contagious. Everyone in the store couldn't help but notice her. This moment in time brought me joy that I would have never imagined finding in a sporting goods store. Yesterday Jossy and I played airplane in her room after nap time. She has no fear so I put her way up high on my feet and then let her fall into my hands. She wanted to do this over and over again. Every time her little face would fall towards mine, I would smile. This brought me joy that I would have never imagined. I have really made an effort to see the beauty and joy in the every day things these past few days. It's amazing what can make my day by just enjoying the moments in it.

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.




Jenna

Comments