Day 38 - It's Gonna Be One of Those Days

Today I woke up and went in to wake Jossy up at 730am. When I walked in the room the smell of vomit hit my nose immediately. She had thrown up all over her crib. It was in her hair, on her clothes, and all over the blankets. I felt so bad for her. She didn't seem to be too upset though. I picked her up and stripped her down to her onsie underneath. I began to gather the blankets, stuffed animals, sheets and other bedding that had been destroyed by the throw up. I took it to the sink and washed it off first and then started the washing machine while Jossy ate some cheerios and apple slices. The reason I am explaining all of this in such detail and as if it were just another day is because....it was just another day. You see, I have done this at least once or twice already. The first times I was in a panic and frustrated that my day started off so badly. This time, however, I felt bad for my little munchkin and just wanted to get things back to normal as quickly as possible for her. As I sit here reflecting, I realize that each day as a mother, teaches me new things I never had to deal with on my own. I have to learn patience, understanding, how to act calm, be a role model...etc. Today ended the same as every other but began on a bumpier note. It is all in how I handle the challenge that makes the end  either good or bad. This difference is noticed when I am in step with the spirit and being led by the spirit.

Galatians 5:25

Jenna

Comments