Day 42 - Not Too Fast, Not Too Slow

Today was Jocelyn's 18 month birthday. It is almost impossible for me to remember what she was like just a year ago. She was 6 months old, unable to walk or talk yet. She had only a tiny amount of hair and no teeth. In one short year, she has managed to walk, talk, dance, giggle, grow in 10 teeth and have enough hair to be able to wear pigtails. It's amazing how fast children grow in their first years of life. I relate it to how we grow as Christians (at least how I did). When you first accept Christ as your savior, all you want to do is eat, sleep and drink Him in. You have this kind of fire inside that grows rapidly and people can actually see you growing and learning. Eventually, you slow down a bit and the growth isn't as obvious. There is this time of rest and steady growth that allows you to mature your relationship. And this is the cycle that continues a lifetime and beyond. It's always hard for me to look back on when I first became a Christian and see how on fire I was compared to how I am now. I am in a period of growth, but slow growth. I must be patient with myself and allow God to grow me exactly as He intended to. Not too fast, not too slow, but just right.

1 Peter 2:2

Jenna

Comments