Day 13 - The Big Kid Slide

Today we stopped at the park for a few minutes before going home to get some fresh air. The little playground around the corner from our house isn't huge and only has a few things to play on. There is a bouncing grasshopper thing, 2 big kid swings, a rock wall and 2 slides (1 little, 1 big). Jossy loves, LOVES to slide. She will climb up those little steps and get right up in the window of the slide and then sit down and push. Well...at least she does this on the little slide. She was so excited today after going down the small slide that she got up the courage to walk up a few more steps to the Big Kid slide. She knows that I will catch her at the bottom and she's gone down the slide with me before, but never on her own. She tried a few ways to sit before sliding down but for some reason, she just couldn't figure it out and she became too afraid to go down. She decided to turn around and head back the small slide. As I thought about my day and what God had to teach me today, this playground experience popped in my head. There are many slides that I must go down in my life. Some big, some small. Some bumpy, some straight, some in the dark, some side by side. At the end of each of these slides, I know God is waiting to catch me but I get too afraid to go down. God has shown me time and time again that I can trust Him no matter what. So why do I choose to doubt Him?? Just because the path is a little different than before doesn't mean it won't end up in the same place. This is where my faith comes in to play. I know He's there, maybe I just can't see Him. I must have faith. I should just slide down and wait for Him to catch!

Matthew 17:20
BTW....Go Broncos! (not because I am huge fan, but I think God is using Tebow in amazing ways and if this is how God intends to get to some people's hearts, then Go Tebow!)

Jenna

Comments