Day 21 - Ohhh...Domino

While enjoying dinner at friends' house tonight, we got out some jenga pieces for Jocelyn to play with. We began setting them up like you would dominoes to form a design that we could knock down...the domino effect. Jocelyn has a thing with destroying any sort of stacked blocks and as it turns out, domino patterns. Each time we tried to set up a train, she would knock it down before we had a chance to make it long enough to enjoy watching it fall. Occasionally, she would allow us to make one long train and watch them all tumble in a pretty display. I can't imagine what we could have created if she would have let us set them all up! As I was thinking about my devo tonight, I thought this was a good analogy for how we, as humans, sometimes don't let God carry out His work to make it ultimately beautiful. Instead, we get impatient and take things in to our own hands causing things to crumble before they are ready. What if I chose every day to let God place one more domino down in my life and then at the end of my life, I could watch them fall, one by one, in this gorgeous dance that goes on and on. What if choose to let God build His masterpiece one brick at a time without getting antsy? What if everyone did that and all of our patterns intersected and overlapped in grand display that is untouched by us? I can only imagine how that would look!

Isaiah 64:4

Jenna

Comments