Day 24 - Late Night Devo

Jocelyn woke up around 2 am last night in a coughing fit. We usually have a humidifier running in our room and it's a little hard to hear her unless she's crying. For some reason, the humidifier wasn't working right and it was so quiet that I woke up after hearing Jossy cough. I went in her room and turned on the humidifier in her room. I rubbed vaporub on her chest, got her water and then proceeded to rock her while she slept upright in my arms. As I rocked her, I thought to myself "I am so tired, but there is no place I would rather be than right here holding my little one when she's sick." I remember when these nights used to happen a lot more when she was younger and I know I didn't think those same thoughts. Somehow, God has really changed my heart as a mother to instinctively care for her in the dead of sleep. Being a mom can be such a bumpy ride and so many twists and turns. I find myself getting less and less annoyed with her because I am content with where I am.

1 Cor. 7:17

Jenna

Comments