Day 2 - Boredom and Mischief

My toddler, Jocelyn, hates when things are the same all of the time. She is just like me. Change is good. So when her days get monotonous, she starts to act out and get into unexplored areas that are not meant for her. This natural tendency for new and exciting is part of our human nature, but also way it is so hard to be obedient to God when things stay still. When my relationship with God gets boring for me, I start looking for something else. This need for "new" is telling God, "not good enough anymore." I struggle with this daily. This is why it is so fascinating to me to see this personality trait manifest itself in a 17 month old. I don't think curiosity in itself is bad. God created u for the desires to search and explore....to search and explore in order to find Him in everything! My challenge for each day this year is to find something I never knew about God or see Him in a way that I never have. That should get me through the days that seem too long and boring. I'm not sure how easy that will be for my tiny one, not yet anyway :)

Jenna

Comments