Day 14/15 - Passing Down Fear

This weekend was a busy weekend again. I did get to enjoy a whole Sunday with my husband and daughter though. On Sunday morning, we contemplated whether or not to go to church because we had so much to do around the house. I hadn't been in 2 weeks so it was kind of important for me to go. I felt I needed to worship. Mike chose to come with too. The sermon was about 2 parables. One on humility and the other on persistence of prayer. Both topics were very interesting and always applicable I feel. I found my mind wandering a bit though. I began thinking about sharing my faith and how scary it sometimes is to talk to people about Jesus. Why??? I have no idea. Fear of judgement. Fear of persecution. Fear of not fitting in. That fear can be paralyzing and detrimental to me, but selfish too. God did not create us to fear anything but Him (in a healthy reverence of course). He wants us to share His story so that we may all live the lives He created us to live, not just a few of  us who are too afraid to speak His word. This got me thinking even more. If I was not created to fear, then where did it come from? It's a learned behavior. We learn to fear to escape hurt, physical or emotional. Our bodies actually go into a flight or fight mode that triggers us to do certain things or actions. What if I was able to help teach Jocelyn not to fear? Not to fear death because Jesus gave us eternal life. Not to fear judgement because Jesus is the only one who's opinion  matters. Not to fear persecution because Jesus tells us we Will face it for our faith. If I teach her these vital lessons early on, will it help her be fearless when she gets old enough to face those challenges head on? I believe it's not only a good thing for me to do, but it's absolutely necessary!

Deut. 31:6
Psalm 56:3-4

Jenna

Comments